Becoming a Childline Listener means being there when a child or young person needs you the most. Just a few hours out of your month can help many children and young people. Sometimes all they need is someone like you with time to listen.
You will gain valuable skills and experience, make a difference to others and be part of a well-supported team.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, please email us at email@example.com for more information.
Minimum Requirements to volunteer:
- Experience with children not a min requirement
- Are over 21 years old.
- Excellent spoken and written English and good telephone manner.
- Non-judgmental and empathetic.
- Have time and patience to talk to and respond to requests from both children and adults.
- Do not have criminal convictions and would pass a Police Check.
- Have time to attend 6 training sessions in the evening.
- Have time to work 2 shifts a month between the hours of 5-9pm.
Childline Listeners’ Training
Our Helpline training is kept up to date with Childline UK to ensure that it is always of a high standard.We also offer ongoing Continuing Professional Development Courses to our Helpline Team.